Alabama Surety Bond
View all of the Alabama Surety Bond products that we offer at Absolute Surety. This includes those for Birmingham, Mobile, Montgomery, Huntsville, and all others. Find Dealer Bonds required by the AL department of Revenue, Mortgage Bonds, Court Bonds and more. Simply fill out an application with our Alabama bonding company online, and you'll receive a quick turnaround!
AL Janitorial Bond
Alabama Janitorial Bond
AL Contractor License Bond
Alabama Contractor License & Permit Bonds
AL Lost/Defective Title Bond
Lost or Defective Title for Alabama
Alabama Sales Tax Surety Bond
Sales Tax Surety Bond for Alabama Retailers
AL Business Service Bond
Alabama Business Service Bonds
AL Athlete Agent Bond
Athlete Agent Surety Bond for Alabama
Alabama Title Bonds
Learn about Alabama title bonds, and speak with an Absolute Surety agent today about the surety bond you may need to purchase to obtain a bonded motor vehicle title.
AL DMEPOS Bond
These are also known as Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies Bond, DME Bonds and Durable Medical Equipment Bonds.
Alabama Notary Bonds
Learn about Alabama notary bonds, and speak with an Absolute Surety agent today about the surety bond you’ll need to purchase to be commissioned as a notary public in Alabama.
AL BMC 84 - Freight Broker Surety Bond
Freight Broker Bonds For AL
AL Dismantler/Recycler Bond
Alabama $25,000 Dismantler & Parts Recycler Surety Bonds
AL Miscellaneous Bonds
Surety Bonds for the State of Alabama
Alabama Termite Bonds
Learn about Alabama termite bonds, and speak with an Absolute Surety agent today about purchasing them.
AL Auctioneer Bond
Alabama Auctioneer Surety Bond
Alabama Garage Liability Insurance
In addition to an auto dealer bond, Alabama dealers are also required to purchase garage liability insurance.
Alabama Mortgage Broker Bonds
Learn about Alabama mortgage broker bonds, and speak with an Absolute Surety agent today about the surety bond you’ll need to do business in the state of Alabama.
Alabama Probate Bonds
Learn about Alabama probate bonds, and speak with an Absolute Surety agent today about the bond you’ll need to carry out certain court-appointed duties.
Alabama Appeal Bonds
Learn how to get an Alabama appeal bond, and get a quote from Absolute Surety for the bond you’ll need to appeal an Alabama court’s decision.
More Info About Alabama Bonds
Here is some more in-depth info about common types of bonds in Alabama. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us, and one of our agents will be happy to assist you.
There is no statewide contractor bonding requirement in Alabama for projects under $50,000. There are, however, local bonding requirements in some municipalities. Note that bid bonds, performance bonds, or both are required for contractors who want to work on public construction jobs in the following cities:
- Wetumka, Dothan, Russelville, Opelika, Tuscumbia, Tuscaloosa, Mountain Brook, Hueytown, Gulf Shores, Florence, Satsuma, Saraland, Cullman, Alexander City, Auburn
Contractor License Bonds
Be aware that contractors who want to work on projects of $50,000 or more will need to be licensed by the State Licensing Board for General Contractors. Some cities in Alabama require contractors to obtain license bonds regardless of the size of a contract.
Cost Of Contractor Bonds
The premium cost for a contractor bond is calculated as a percentage of the total bond amount. The total bond amount required depends on the municipality or state agency. A contractor with good credit will typically pay 1% – 4% of the total bond amount. Those who have bad credit or are considered a poor risk for other reasons can pay as much as 15% of the total bond amount. Get a quote today.
Other Common Alabama Surety Bonds
Here are some of the common surety bonds issued in the state of Alabama. Most of these are required by the state to protect the public against financial loss due to the actions of a company.
- Court Bonds may be required in order to appeal a court decision, become a minor’s legal guardian, or serve as fiduciary of an estate.
- Business Service Bonds are obtained voluntarily for companies that send employees to work in clients’ homes or business premises as protection against an employee’s theft of a client’s property.
- Certificate of Title Bonds are required in order to register or transfer ownership of a vehicle with a missing title.
- Motor Vehicle Dealer Bonds are required in order to sell new or used vehicles, including motorcycles, motor homes, and trailers.
- Automotive Dismantler & Parts Recycler Bonds are required for anyone maintaining 10 or more inoperable vehicles for more than 30 days.
- Designated Agent Bonds are required for individuals who are not motor vehicle dealers but represent a pawnshop, legal firm, or out-of-state financial institution dealing with manufactured homes.
- Notary Bonds are required for notary publics and others who administer oaths or provide acknowledgements.
- Utility Bonds are required by Alabama utility companies for certain clients to ensure payment of utility bills.
Ask for a quote today on the Alabama bond you need.